Fort McMurray Wildfire Update
Find updates, resources, and information specific to the Fort McMurray wildfire.
Also see the many resources below.
Insurance Coverage/Claims Information
Provide your clients with resources on what is covered and what isn't.
Link these environmental and Alberta Emergency Management Agency sites on your website or send them out to clients so they can monitor conditions.
Loss Prevention Resources (Including Brochures with Co-Branding Option)
Give your clients the resources to reduce catastrophic risk.
- brochures (mostly from Institute for Catastrophic Loss Reduction—ICLR) that IBAA brokers can co-brand and send clients. ICLR has graciously given us permission to co-brand them.
- other brochures and webpages you can send your clients or link to your communications.
- topics include flood, wind, tornadoes, snow and ice, fire, earthquake, 72-hour disaster kit, and business emergency response guidelines.
Disaster Safety Kits
Link these kits on your website or send them out to clients so they can be prepared for disaster.
Independent Natural Catastrophe Reports, Studies, and Resources
Get background on growing risks, economic costs, and mitigation.
Government Mitigation Initiatives
Keep yourself and your clients informed about what the government is doing to help prevent loss.
- Link on your website or in your communications the items you find helpful for your clients. Print the shorter PDFs and send them to your clients.
- includes reports, commissioned studies/research, and news releases related to natural catastrophes (flood, wind, snow and ice, fire, earthquake)
Alberta Government Disaster Response and Recovery Initiatives
Give your clients helpful tips on what they can do to protect themselves after a disaster.
- what individuals can do to prevent further disaster/illness, what government resources are available (esp. Alberta Emergency Management Agency), Alberta reports and commissioned studies on Disaster Recovery Programs
Alberta Government and Health Services Post-Disaster Health Tips
From health risks faced during disasters to those encountered in disaster recovery, these brochures may help keep your clients safe.
Agriculture: Government Mitigation and Recovery Initiatives
Find information ranging from FAQs to mitigation and recovery tips and funding to link on your website or send to your agricultural clients.