|Gain the strategic business skills and degrees needed to compete and win as an insurance broker. These online degrees have no on-campus requirements, are offered by Laurentian University (an institution renown for top-calibre business education and distance-learning programs), and are available to IBAA and IBAC members only.
Fast-track your degree with advanced-standing credits from CAIB or CPIB designations, undergraduate degrees, and/or college diplomas.
Applications are accepted year round for courses starting in September, January, and May of each year.
Scholarships are available from Laurentian: http://laurentian.ca/scholarships-bursaries.
BBA Program (120 credits)
Prerequisites: IBAA member, CAIB or CPIB designation, and a college diploma
The online Bachelor of Business Administration is based on Laurentian's successful campus program, which has been offered for over 20 years.
In order to graduate with a BBA degree, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Satisfy all the stated requirements for the degree.
- Complete 120 credits (40 courses) with a minimum overall average of 60% for non-honours and 70% for honours degree.
- Complete 63 credits (21 courses) of required courses with a minimum grade of 60% in each course.
- Complete 57 credits (19 courses) of elective courses with a minimum of 12 credits in ADMN (or COMM) and 12 credits in non-ADMN elective courses.
- Receive a grade of at least 60% in ADMN and COMM elective courses.
- Account for no more than 48 credits (16 courses) in 1000 and 9100 level courses.
MBA Program (60 credits)
Prerequisites: IBAA member, CAIB or CPIB designation, and a four-year undergraduate degree or outstanding experience in the industry
Although a candidate may not have studied commerce as an undergraduate, this program is designed to enhance the broker's business skill level. Brokers completing the MBA program should be well-prepared for comprehensive senior management decision-making.
Questions? Comments? Suggestions?
Contact Joy Schaffer, Academic Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org