Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In   |   Sign Up
Obtain and Maintain a Level 1 Insurance License

testAfter successful completion of the appropriate Alberta Insurance Council (AIC) exam, you may apply through an insurance brokerage for a Level 1 General license or through an insurance company for a General or Adjuster license. See the AIC requirements. These licenses are called Certificates of Authority.

To maintain your license, you need to take 15 hours per year of AIC accredited education and remain employed by a brokerage (for a broker) or an insurance company (for an agent or adjuster).

handshakeThose with a Level 1 license require supervision. A Level 2 license allows brokers to work independently within a brokerage governed by someone with a Level 3 license.

Check with AIC (, 780.421.4148 / 403.233.2929) for licensing procedures related to the adjuster exams and licenses.

Read more about licensing requirements and procedures in the Licensing Level 1 textbook and supplement.

Questions? Comments? Suggestions?

Contact us.

more IBAA Courses and Events

2020-08-10 » 2020-08-20
CAIB 1 Immersion - Live Instructed Online

Provincial Designation Exam (CAIB, CPIB, & CCIB) - September 9, 2020

Featured Vendors

Online Surveys
Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal